The latest of Loughborough's streets on Google Street View

 This time around, it's not about my photographs but rather about Google's. You see, I lately discovered much new imagery had been taken this month around Loughborough, including on new housing estates where some streets haven't had any imagery taken since they were built.

So today, we'll take a trip around Loughborough with the aid of Google!

We'll start with a very recent street, Ploughlands (below). William Davis Homes built this small street off the former road to Woodthorpe, and is sandwiched between it, the Great Central Railway and Leicester Road/Loughborough Road. I visited this estate this April (see here!)

This small estate of 30 homes greets visitors with a line of houses arcing around a large green space with a large pond in the middle of it. A single road passes through the arc and heading towards the corner of the development between the railway and the main road.

Across the railway is the Trinity Gardens estate, inside which are the swanky crescent houses of King Crescent North and King Crescent South (above). Although I have visited this estate a couple of times, I still haven't seen this part of the estate. It's a pity that, to my knowledge, the Georgians/Victorians didn't build houses in Loughborough like these!

The main street of the development, Carnation Road (above), is lined along much of its length by these orderly-looking terraced houses.

Over to the Chimes Estate, off Allendale Road. Lace Avenue (above), was the one street on this estate I didn't really explore.

Over to the Grange Park Estate down the road. Most of the thousand homes on this estate  were built by William Davis, but many of the houses on the west of the estate were built by Jelson Homes of Belgrave, Leicester, including these houses on Aitken Way (above). Note the horse's head sticking out of the side of the house on the left.

I visited the Grange Park estate and looked at most of the principal roads on the estate except for Alan Turing Road and most of Aitken Way (the part you see here was the bit I did see.) That was on the day the late Queen passed away...

I have many photos of my own to show from that trip, so I won't go into detail here too much.

Of course. many older roads have also gotten new imagery. These are the recently-completed houses on Knightthorpe Road (below) (watch my timelapse here)...

...and this is Byland Way (below), which up until now hasn't been imaged since 2009.


Wicket Close (above), off Beacon Road, has been imaged for the first time it was built in the mid-2010s. I visited this estate, again Davis-built, on a particularly gloomy day last winter.

The shape of things to come. The houses in the first phase of the Garendon Park development (above and below) are going up quicker than I expected, and a new roundabout is under construction. I need to go there myself soon...

Goodbye!

Comments