Coalville Memorial Square and Clock Tower

In the middle of last month, I found a treasure trove of old photographs from around 2012-2014, which I had previously given up for lost after a hard drive failure on my computer a few years back. Some of the photos I remembered well, whereas others I had completely forgotten about. This photo of the Memorial Square and Clock Tower in Coalville (one of the forgotten ones) was taken seven years ago today on Sunday the 19th of October 2014.

The Memorial Clock Tower, Coalville, was completed in 1925 (two years after the Carillon Tower in Loughborough), and was listed as Grade II in April 2010.

(I haven't been to Coalville for many years because... there's not a lot to do there. There used to be the wonderful Snibston Museum, but that was torn down several years ago. Rather, the reason why I went to Coalville last was for another particular reason, which brought me to Coalville every Sunday. The bus ride was rather inconvenient, due to the lack of a direct bus between Loughborough and Coalville, which resulted in me having to go via Leicester instead, making the journey about THREE times longer (about 30 miles as opposed to 10 miles). I stopped going there around six years ago, and I haven't been to Coalville since. with the closure of the Snibston Museum, which I hadn't visited for several years, I haven't had any further reason to go there since.)

Comments