Twelve years of change at Brocks Hill Country Park, Oadby

 It is amazing how things can change in a decade or so! Here we are at Brocks Hill Country Park in Oadby, south of Leicester. I found a picture that was taken by a relative in October 2010, and I visited there again earlier this month!

October 2010

March 2022

A game of spot-the-difference? Well, in the pictures themselves, some external elements of the building have been repainted from dark blue to grey or black.  There also seems to have been an extra bench added in the second photo, as well as a sign behind the first bench being removed.

Outside the frame of view, a sandpit has been removed, as has a zipwire. Another piece of equipment is also out of action, probably because of you-know-what.

Even so, some things have stayed largely the same. The visitor centre is still there, even though it's not quite so busy anymore. I think it was well worth a visit. 

One thing that amuses me was that when I was younger, I used to think that the visitor centre was the EcoHouse showhome which I now know was of Western Parks. I once had a VHS about the EcoHouse, which, these days, is in a rather sorry state. Who could blame me for believing this? The visitor centre had such new-fangled technology as solar panels, like the Eco House, for starters...

The trip I took earlier this month was a milestone for me as this was the first day trip I'd taken outside of Loughborough since February 2020, when I visited Stonehurst Farm in Mountsorrel.

Comments