Relics of the future

 Whilst visiting the Grange Park estate last year, I encountered something rather curious (to me, anyway) - a raised kerb. These are used at bus stops to raise the height of a pavement to make it easier for people to board and alight buses. The thing is, though, there's still isn't a bus service through the Grange Park estate. That's actually why I gave this post the name of 'relics of the future'.

The two raised kerbs are on Highland Drive, between the two entrances of Knox Road. I found one in April, but the next time I visited the estate, in June, I noticed another on the other side of the road (but failed to notice the one I found first; hence, it is only of this one that I have a photograph).


And, by the way, I think they definitely should put a bus service there, but if I went into all the details and possibilities of how this could be realised, I would probably bore you out. For now, enjoy my photo of a relic of the future.

Comments